New construction of
nuclear power plants
Whether new construction, modernization, retrofitting or expansion: structural modifications to nuclear power plants present very special challenges for all those involved. With our decades of experience and our special practical knowledge in the nuclear industry, we implement innovative solutions together with our customers.
From planning to commissioning
Our service portfolio covers almost all steps in the construction of nuclear power plants: From design and engineering to material procurement and the manufacture of components and also including production, assembly, documentation and commissioning. We support and advise our customers as a long-standing partner in large-scale projects such as the construction of new nuclear power plants. As a globally active group, we are not only familiar with the latest innovations and technologies, but are also aware of the different regulatory requirements in the nuclear industry.
What makes us different
- Comprehensive expertise and competences around the construction of a new nuclear power plant
- Complete solutions from a single source through the bundling of different service portfolios in our Group
- Development of highly individual solutions tailored to specific requirements
- Close and highly competent cooperation with our customers at eye level
- Use of innovative technologies and processes
- Extensive references and experience from globally significant nuclear power projects
Our comprehensive expertise and competence when it comes to the construction of nuclear power plants and waste treatment facilities enable us to develop individual solutions tailored to specific requirements. We always work closely and professionally with our customers on an equal footing."
Our knowledge and expertise in delivering large scale projects puts us at the forefront of nuclear construction. Our project teams and subject matter experts interface seamlessly with the stakeholders to ensure high quality service and delivery, meaning regardless of the scale and complexity of the task Bilfinger delivers on its commitments. The organisational structure ensure independence and impartiality whilst allowing for meaningful integration and cooperation to plan and resolve technical challenges well before they become a barrier to progression. In short, we Make Non Destructive Testing Work. "
With our complete solutions from a single source and the bundling of different service portfolios of our group, we cover almost all steps in the construction of nuclear power plants: From planning and engineering to materials procurement and the manufacture of components, right through to production, assembly and commissioning."
With our expertise in the nuclear industry, we can draw on decades of experience in the development and construction of machines and plants as well as on expert, trained personnel. We are therefore familiar with the latest innovations and technologies and know the different regulatory requirements in the nuclear power industry."
Delivering NDT services to the new build nuclear industry demands professionalism, integrity and first class service delivery. Our organisational structure, commitment and resources are perfectly placed to deliver and support the nuclear safety culture required to deliver reliability and safety throughout the new build service life."
From planning and calculation to material procurement, supplier management and transport to final assembly and documentation: we provide all relevant services for a wide range of components:
- Containment liner
- Safety covers
- Personnel and material locks
- Stainless steel lining for basins
- Compact storage sites for radioactive material
- System components for safety systems
- System components for reactor operation
- Filter changing machines
- Waste treatment plants
- Piping systems
With our services along the entire life cycle of a nuclear power plant, we set quality standards for the nuclear industry:
- Engineering services from conceptual design to execution design
- Non Destructive Testing, Advanced Non Destructive Testing
- Control technology (electric actuators and control drives)
- Performance check and correction of settings made
- Periodic inspections
We are active in various fields of the nuclear industry and guarantee smooth processes with our expertise
- Operation of large cranes, hoists, refueling machines and manipulators
- Participation in fuel element and castor transports
- Turning and milling work on conventional and CNC-controlled machines, e.g. Sinumerik 810
- Qualification in the field of water jet cutting
- Qualified and competent personnel for the testing and use of manual hoists
- Pressure tests on systems, pipelines and containers
- Maintenance of crane systems
Expert for nuclear technology
For decades, we have been providing support in the planning, design, calculation, manufacture, assembly and commissioning of a wide variety of large-scale plants, components and support systems for nuclear facilities around the world. With our extensive experience and highly competent experts, we support our customers worldwide in the construction of new nuclear power plants.
Bilfinger has given us outstanding support in finding processes that both meet the requirements of the framework agreements with our French parent company and take account of the German legal situation."
Bilfinger convinced us with extensive expertise in savings. The German industrial services provider was responsible for the provision, design, manufacture and installation of blast windows and small parts airlocks for new encapsulation plants on our behalf. We are very satisfied with the precise execution of the work."