Bilfinger's services cover the entire lifecycle of the infrastructure and technology used in conventional power plants. Traditional private sector and municipal utilities rely on us to boost plant reliability and optimize maintenance costs as well as safety and quality levels. Our holistic concept applies to both new power plant construction and expansions and the rehabilitation of existing systems. We take full project responsibility, ranging from technical consulting to technical completion and commissioning, while also applying expertise in special technologies for power generation and district heating concepts. We modernize firing plants and steam boilers as well as their auxiliary and ancillary equipment, incorporating secondary measures.
Steam Generators for Power Plants and Processing Plants
The share of energy sources subject to fluctuations is constantly increasing. This requires adaptations of steam boilers to meet the changing network requirements.
Bilfinger offers design and procurement services as well as the manufacture of steam generators, regardless of the fuels used to fire them. As a systems supplier, Bilfinger offers all water-steam components for combined-cycle power plants, biomass WtE plants, CHP and solar thermal plants.
Our range of services includes:
- Optimization of power plant steam output, pressure and temperature
- Extending plant service life and shortening start-up and shut-down times
- Efficiency increases
Bilfinger designs, supplies and installs complete piping systems for the conventional energy sector. Our services apply to all types of plants, including:
- Thermal power plants
- Combined heat and power plants
- Waste-to-energy plants
- Combined heat and power plants
We manufacture induction bends, fittings, pipe bridges and support structures to meet all power plant requirements. Our manufacturing breadth gives customers a decisive time advantage, making possible "just-in-time" deliveries of complete piping systems and replacement components. This is especially valued by operators eager to repair damaged equipment.
Bilfinger has already successfully developed, planned and
plants successfully developed, planned, built and commissioned. (Previous sentence needs help.) Our team provides design and procurement services for combustion conversion projects and installs the corresponding systems in existing plants in the following areas:
- Thermal design and process design; assessment of steam generators and their components
- CFD simulations to improve the combustion process
- Design and manufacture of various components and firing systems
We plan, procure and install equipment for crushing hard coal and lignite. Our crushing plants are characterized by the following aspects:
- High availability and long service life due to modern ceramic materials
- Crushing of all types of coal, from lignite to anthracite, as well as biomass
Intelligent Heat Network Control
District heating is growing in importance, especially for large metropolitan areas. Our services for intelligent heat network control range from feasibility studies and consulting services to turnkey construction as part of an EPC package. This includes construction planning, procurement and execution, all the way to commissioning and maintenance.
A Bilfinger network upgrade offers:
- Combined use of the best available technologies
- Scientifically sound and model-based improvement of energy efficiency
- Proven and tested in-house developed equipment
- Digital survey of relevant facilities