Sustainability in the Netherlands
We create a future-proof and sustainable industry
Bilfinger pursues an integrated approach that balances economic, environmental and social issues. Sustainability is therefore an important part of our business strategy and embedded in our Code of Conduct.
Our CSR policy is based on the following 3 pillars:
Our cooperation is characterized by transparency, responsibility, integrity and sustainability.
- Business continuity: The main goal of our business operations is to ensure the continuation of the company and strengthen a sustainable value chain.
- Customer satisfaction and quality: The satisfaction of our customers is vitally important to us. We therefore constantly tailor our service offerings to customer needs and maintain close relationships with our customers.
- Compliance: Bilfinger attaches enormous importance to ensuring the integrity of the company.
- Innovation: The focus is on developments to optimize our service offering. Innovations and research and development activities contribute significantly to Bilfinger's competitiveness.
- Supply chain: We are committed to a sustainable supply chain.
Sustainable employability of employees has the highest priority at Bilfinger
- Occupational health and safety: We maintain high safety standards wherever we operate, integrating specific requirements of our customers. The goal of the measures we take to promote workplace safety is ‘zero harm’.
- Employee development and advancement: Training and qualification of our employees is an important differentiator in the market.
- Equal opportunities and diversity: Ensuring equal opportunities and diversity is a cornerstone of our human resources policy.
- Social responsibility: We use our strength as an employer and technical know-how to fulfill our social responsibility.
We take responsibility for minimizing our impact on the environment
- Energy consumption and CO2 reduction: We support clean energy initiatives with our capabilities. Our goal is to emit net zero by 2030.
- Waste and resource management: We make ongoing improvements in material use, waste and energy management.
- Water: We use water as efficiently as possible.
EcoVadis, the world’s largest provider of corporate sustainability ratings, has presented Bilfinger SE with a Gold Award for sustainable, ethical and responsible business practices. The Group is thus among the top 5 percent of companies from the more than 100,000 throughout the world that EcoVadis analyzed.
Our Sustainability Goals
Bilfinger has reported annually on its sustainability activities since 2011 and has published an externally audited non-financial report every year since 2018. In accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and as part of the current annual report, the Group has also set specific targets for its own carbon footprint in the form of a so-called "Sustainability Commitment." This commitment calls for successively reducing CO2 equivalents under Scope 1 and 2 from approximately 60,000 tons in 2021 to "net zero" by the end of 2030 at the latest.