Remote Engineering Tool
Bilﬁnger UK's Digital Department were tasked to create a solution that would capture as much detail as possible of a client's site to signiﬁcantly reduce site visits and allow traditional on-site meetings, design decisions, site familiarisation and planning discussions to be held remotely.
The client had limited site access on their engineering projects resulting in the need to capture site information during survey/FEED being crucial.
Using the Bilﬁnger Industrial 360º platform, we were able to scan the client’s site in less than a day capturing high detail imagery. We were also able to add measurement data to the site imagery utilising a ‘street view’ type of environment for future works reference.
The Bilfinger Industrial 360º virtual walkthrough offering can be used for many purposes including:
- Embedding of asset documentation and information
- Visualisation of equipment for training purposes
- Maintenance objectives and turnarounds
- Engineering design
It provides fast, user-friendly and very cost-eﬀective insight into our customer’s plants.
- Signiﬁcant reduction in on-site time
- Models Aaailable for future use
- Reduction in project variation