New Supervisory Board of Bilfinger SE elected
May 11, 2016
New Supervisory Board of Bilfinger SE elected - Dr. Eckhard Cordes confirmed as Chairman
Following his election by the Annual General Meeting, the Supervisory Board of Bilfinger SE confirmed Dr. Eckhard Cordes, Partner at Cevian Capital AG, as Chairman at its inaugural meeting on May 11, 2016. He assumed the office of Chairman in 2014.
In addition to Dr. Eckhard Cordes, the following were elected by the Annual General Meeting as shareholder representatives on the Supervisory Board:
- Dorothée Anna Deuring, Independent Corporate Finance Advisor
- Dr. Ralph Heck, Senior Director at McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Dr. Marion Helmes, Independent Corporate Advisor, former Speaker of the Executive Board at Celesio AG, memberships in monitoring boards of other German and foreign companies
- Lone Fønss Schrøder, Memberships monitoring boards of other German and foreign companies
- Jens Tischendorf, Managing Director of Cevian Capital AG
Stephan Brückner, Chairman of the Group Works Council of Bilfinger SE and employee of Bilfinger Maintenance GmbH, was elected Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board. He has held this office since 2008.
In addition to Stephan Brückner, the European Works Council of Bilfinger SE appointed the following employee representatives to the Supervisory Board with effect from May 11, 2016:
- Thomas Kern, Employee at Bilfinger HSG FM Rhein-Main GmbH
- Dr. Janna Köke, Trade Union Secretary at IG Metall, Mannheim
- Rainer Knerler, Chief Executive of the Berlin branch of IG Bauen-Agrar-Umwelt (Construction, Agriculture and Environment Trade Union)
- Emma Phillips, Employee of Bilfinger Europa Facility Management Ltd.
- Jörg Sommer, Employee of Bilfinger arnholdt GmbH
With five women in the Supervisory Board, the gender quota of 30 percent which is to be followed this year for the first time, has been surpassed.